Stay Safe on the Road This Winter
As one of your local Honda car dealers serving Berea, KY, we can tell you that every driver needs to make some adjustments to the way they drive when winter arrives. It doesn’t matter if you’re a new or seasoned driver. It also doesn’t matter if you drive a 2019 Honda Pilot or an older model. Wintry weather changes the way we all have to drive, or it should if you want to stay safe on the road.
Here are some tips you can use to stay safe when wintry weather strikes:
- Refrain from using cruise control when the roads are slick
- Keep your gas tank at least half full to prevent your gas line from freezing
- Make sure your tires are properly inflated
- Don’t use your parking brake when it’s cold, raining, or snowing
- Increase your following distance from three to four seconds to at least eight to 10 seconds when the roads are wet or covered in snow or ice
- Avoid parking on a hill
- Accelerate, stop, and turn slower than you do when the roads are dry
- Make sure your vehicle is ready for wintry weather by making an appointment to bring it into our Richmond, KY Honda service center before the weather turns
- Put an emergency kit in your vehicle in case you get stranded for any reason
- If you don’t have to go out, stay home
While driving in wintry weather can certainly present some challenges, it’s a lot easier when you feel confident behind the wheel. And confident is how you’ll feel when you’re in the driver’s seat of a new Honda vehicle.
From the new Honda Pilot to the 2019 Honda Fit, the 2019 Honda Ridgeline, and many more – we have all the latest Honda models at our Honda dealership. Head over to Gates Honda to buy or lease a new Honda car today.